Picture of the Day…
I haven’t done one of these “Picture of the Day” in a while. So, here is the picture of the day.
I took this picture last Saturday at the Savannah Wildlife Refuge. If you have never been to this refuge and you live nearby I highly recommend the visit. It is a beautiful place with an amazing array of wildlife.
I’ve never been this close to such a large alligator in the wild. The alligator was approximately forty or fifty feet from me. The gator measured about 6 to 7 feet, I would guess.
I really wanted to get up close and personal with it for a better picture but it was not to be. As I inched closer to the gator with my vff’s on the gator grew nervous and plunged into the water and swam away…Must of been da shoes. As I walked back up the embankment a person in a car said to me, “thanks a lot” and they drove away. As the carload of humans drove away I wondered, ‘what colorful things they must of thought about me?’. So, in the spirit of being stupid, self-centered and, approaching wild animals for a good picture I’ve come up with the following possible responses:
- I wish the alligator would of eaten him and spit out his vff’s because I could sure use a pair of those really cool shoes.
- Dang redneck! At least, that redneck has cool shoes. VFF’s Rock! Let’s feed him to the gator but take his VFF’s.
- Who does this guy think he is, Crocodile Dundee? Push his ass into the river but take his shoes first because VFF’s are awesome.
- I just want to grab his camera and beat that moron over the head with it and then take his VFF’s because he doesn’t deserve to wear such righteousness on his feet.
- And, this is why there is a need for the Darwin awards…and, there should be a law forbidding morons from wearing VFF’s. I want those VFF’s!
Are there any responses you would like to add to this list? Please feel free! I’ll post them all!
I took this picture with my Panasonic Lumix GF2, a super sweet camera. I need to get a stronger zoom lens, though.
Thank you so very much for stopping by.
All the very best to you and yours.