In case you did not know, tomorrow we’re having some VIP’s visiting Savannah for a photo shoot and group run. Who are these vips?
- Karen Heitner, the sandal wearing ultra running ninja.
- Emily Ernst, our Savannah River Protector and badass ultra runner.
- And, Mr. Hollywood himself, Sir Tim Waz, ultra runner/race director extraordinaire.
So, what’s this talk about a photo shoot? Well, Ryan Gibson, photographer for South Magazine will be taking promotional pictures of Karen, Emily and Tim for the upcoming Chase the Sun Ultra that’s happening on September 21st of this year at the Whitemarsh Island Preserve. And, guess where the shoot’s going to be done? Yup, the Whitemarsh Island Preserve (WIP for short).
Here is the map to the whitemarsh Island preserve:
View Larger Map
So, here’s the scoop for tomorrow’s Celebrity Group Run:
- Date: Sunday, 04/07/2013
- Run Time: 8:30 am [for those that will be in the photo shoot the go time is 7:00 am].
- Location to meet: Island’s YMCA parking lot. We’ll then walk/jog/run to the Chase the Sun Ultra loop at the Whitemarsh preserve and go from there.
- Distance: The Chase the Sun loop is between 1.8 and 1.9 miles.
- Breakfast: for those that want to meet for breakfast, we’re meeting at Sunrise restaurant on the Island at 6:00 am.
Here’s the chase the sun loop on runtastic: http://www.runtastic.com/en/users/Dan-Hernandez/sport-sessions/52512670
If you want something a little different then, here’s another run around whitemarsh island: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/189507122/
I’ll have a couple of coolers there with water and gatorade set up on a table.
Please do not worry about feeling that you are too slow. There are going to be runners of every level there and, we’re all there to have fun. So please, do not let your fear of slowing everyone down keep you from showing up. We want everyone there! Group runs are fun runs. We’re meeting up to run together and enjoy each other’s company. And, this being a loop, everyone can run as long as they want or as short as they want. This is a no pressure fun run!
So, please show up and have fun with us!
Important! I have marked the course with lime green flags! If you are running the course clock-wise, the flags will always be on your left. I have set the flags about 15 to 20 feet apart (some areas the flags are even closer). If you find yourself running and see no flags then, you’re obviously on the wrong trail! So Beware! Always follow the green lime flags. If you don’t things could get ugly. Bigfoot roams these areas! Please, stay on the flagged trail for your safety!
A very big Thank You to Ryan Gibson and South Magazine for doing this shoot!
I hope to see all of you there. If you have any questions please check out the Facebook event for this run.