Run 4 a Reason exists solely for the purpose of hosting challenging, fun running events in the Lowcountry with the proceeds generated from it’s races benefitting respectable, worthy causes.
Run 4 a Reason was born October 2012 and has so far raised and distributed $22974.50 to worthy causes.
- $309 raised and donated to Rogue Rescue from the proceeds of Rogue Resolution Fatass 50k/25k on January 14, 2017.
- $1575.50 donated on behalf of the Savannah Running Community in 2016 for the purchase of signs that will be installed on the McQueen’s Island Historical Trail (Rails to Trails).
- $75 donated to Girls on the Run on behalf of Ryan Smith, winner of the Run thru the Woods 10k in 2015.
- $1500 donated to Mission on the Move from proceeds of RH Armadillo Broil 25k 50k on August 22, 2015.
- $250 were donated to the Roberd’s Dairy Farm on May 25, 2015 on behalf of the Savannah Grit 175k stage race.
- $165 were raised and donated to Liam’s Land on May 4, 2015 on behalf of the Coast Georgia Greenway 155 Mile Run. Thank you to all who supported this personal challenge!
- $2600 were raised with the 2015 Ledesma Sports Medicine Savannah Rails to Trails Ultra. This revenue was used for the purchase of signs that will be placed at the mid-point, ft. pulaski trail juncture, and mile marker trail signs.
- $1500.00 were raised and donated to Liam’s Land from the proceeds of Chase the Sun Ultra and Relay on September 20, 2014.
- $1500.00 were raised by runners and donated to Challenged Athlete’s Foundation (CAF) from proceeds of Great Savannah Endurance Challenge 24 Hour Ultra.
- $10,000.00: were raised and donated to Chatham County for helping with the costs of restoring the McQueen’s Island Historical Trail through the Ledesma Sports Medicine Rails to Trails 50k Ultra January 12, 2013.
- $3500.00: were raised and donated to Liam’s Land from the proceeds of Chase the Sun Ultra and Relay on September 21, 2013.
In 2017, starting with Rogue Resolution 50k and 25k, R4R introduced the Rough Runners Trail Race Series.
The Run 4 a Reason race schedule for 2017 is:
- Rogue Resolution Fatass 50k/25k, January 14, 2017
- Coastal Georgia Greenway 155 mile long run, April 7-9, 2017
- May the 4th be with you Dawn of a new hope 1 mile sprint, May 4, 2017
- DFL 12to12 6 and 12 Hour Ultra, June 10, 2017
- Rough Runners Games, June 19, 2017
- Savannah Sultry Swamp Run 5k/10k/15k/20k, July 29, 2017
- Savannah Rails to Trails Runathon, October 7-8, 2017
- Run Through the Woods 5k/10k/15k, November 12, 2017
- Rough Runners Games, November 19, 2017
Thank you all for being a part of what makes running great and, for running for a reason!
Stay strong, Run Free!
Run 4 a Reason
“Time lost is time when we have not lived a full human life, time unenriched by experience, creative endeavor, enjoyment, and suffering.”
– Dietrich Bonhoeffer