Run 4 a Reason exists solely for the purpose of hosting challenging, fun running events in the Lowcountry with the proceeds generated from it’s races benefitting respectable, worthy causes.
Run 4 a Reason was born October 2012 and has so far raised and distributed $20,065.50 to worthy causes.
- $1575.50 donated on behalf of the Savannah Running Community for the purchase of signs that will be installed on the McQueen’s Island Historical Trail (Rails to Trails).
- $75 donated to Girls on the Run on behalf of Ryan Smith, winner of the Run thru the Woods 10k
- $1500 donated to Mission on the Move from proceeds of RH Armadillo Broil 25k 50k on August 22, 2015.
- $250 were donated to the Roberd’s Dairy Farm on May 25, 2015 on behalf of the Savannah Grit 175k stage race.
- $165 were raised and donated to Liam’s Land on May 4, 2015 on behalf of the Coast Georgia Greenway 155 Mile Run. Thank you to all who supported this personal challenge!
- $2600 were raised with the 2015 Ledesma Sports Medicine Savannah Rails to Trails Ultra. This revenue was used for the purchase of signs that will be placed at the mid-point, ft. pulaski trail juncture, and mile marker trail signs.
- $1500.00 were raised and donated to Liam’s Land from the proceeds of Chase the Sun Ultra and Relay on September 20, 2014.
- $1500.00 were raised by runners and donated to Challenged Athlete’s Foundation (CAF) from proceeds of Great Savannah Endurance Challenge 24 Hour Ultra.
- $10,000.00: were raised and donated to Chatham County for helping with the costs of restoring the McQueen’s Island Historical Trail through the Ledesma Sports Medicine Rails to Trails 50k Ultra January 12, 2013.
- $3500.00: were raised and donated to Liam’s Land from the proceeds of Chase the Sun Ultra and Relay on September 21, 2013.
What’s happening with Run 4 a Reason races…
- On November 29, 2015 R4R is introducing A Run thru the Woods 10k at Whitemarsh Island Preserve.
- On August 22, 2015 R4R is introducing a new race called the RH Armadillo 50k & 25k in Richmond Hill, Ga. The race will benefit Mission on the Move
- The 2014 Little Tybee Conquest Half Marathon broke even.
- Chase the Sun Ultra and Relay has been retired and no race will replace it in 2015. The 2014 race raised $1500.00 for Liam’s Land.
- In 2015, we will introduce a new challenging race called the Savannah Grit 175 Stage Race. This race is sure to challenge even the toughest ultra runner. The charity to benefit from this race is the Roberd’s Dairy Farm in Savannah and Thunderbolt, Ga.
- The 2015 Great Savannah Endurance Challenge (GSEC 24) benefitting Challenged Athlete’s Foundation (CAF) has been cancelled. All registered runners for the 2015 event have been fully refunded including the ultrasignup fees they incurred. The race will return in 2016.
- The 2013 Little Tybee Conquest had a deficit of $670.00.
The Run 4 a Reason race schedule for 2015 is:
- Savannah Rails to Trails Ultra, January 10,2015
- Savannah Grit 175k (the Grit), May 23-25, 2015
- RH Armadillo Broil 50k & 25k, August 22, 2015
- A Haunted Run, October 17, 2015
- A Run through the Woods 10k, November 29, 2015
For sponsorship opportunities please visit our Run 4 a Reason Sponsorship packages page.
Thank you all for being a part of what makes running great and, for running for a reason!
Stay strong, Run Free!
Run 4 a Reason
“Time lost is time when we have not lived a full human life, time unenriched by experience, creative endeavor, enjoyment, and suffering.”
– Dietrich Bonhoeffer