The Great Savannah Endurance Challenge 24 Hour Ultra
Race Program/Brochure: GSEC24 Digital copy
On Saturday, March 7-8, 2015, Run 4 a Reason is hosting the Great Savannah Endurance Challenge (#GSEC24).
The Great Savananh Endurance Challenge (GSEC24) is a 24 Hour running event following in the footsteps of Savannah's rich racing history that dates back to 1908 when Savannah hosted the first Grand Prix in the USA
The GSEC 24 will focus on four timed races, a 6, 12 and 24 hours of individual running and, 24 hour of relay running teams.
The GSEC 24 will take place entirely at the Hutchinson Island race track starting at 8:00 am on Saturday, March 7th and conclude on Sunday, March 8th at 2:00 pm.
Proceeds from this event will go to the Challenged Athletes Foundation.
The Challenged Athletes Foundation is an organization that ‘provides opportunities and support for people with disabilities so that they may pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics.’
Course & Terrain
The GSE Challenge will take place entirely at the Hutchinson Island race track, Savannah, Ga.
The course is USATF certified at 2.213 miles. The race track is flat and fast, and shaped like a number "1".
The elevation of the course ranges from 8.5' to 24'.
This being a certified course we will mark the spot where the top runners are when they reached the end of their respective timed event (6, 12 and 24 hours). That will be your official finish distance at your respective time.
The male and female runners that accumulate the most mileage in their respective registered time slots of 6, 12 and 24 hours will be the outright winners of their category.
The relay team that accumulates the most mileage in 24 hours will win outright the relay port of this run.
Swag and Awards
- All runners will get finishers medals if they at least run for ¾ of their registered timed event.
- All runners that reach or exceed 100 miles in 24 hours will get a "Great Savannah Endurance Challenge Ultra 100 miles in 24 hours" belt buckle.
- Runners may also earn a slightly smaller buckle by running 100 miles between 24:08 and 30 hours. Those belt buckles will say, a "Great Savannah Endurance Challenge Ultra 100 miles in 30 hours".
- The male and female runner that accumulates the most mileage for their respective registered timed event will get a trophy with a customized tag detailing their name, mileage run in their registered timed event.
- The relay team mates of the team that garners the most total mileage will each get a plaque with a custom tag with all of their team mates names on it and the total mileage they completed.
- All registered runners will get race shirts that are color specific to their registered timed event.
Green shirt: 6 hour
Blue shirt: 12 hour
Yellow shirt: 24 hour
Red shirt: 24 hour relay