The Rough Runners Games is an event challenging your overall general fitness through exercises including: 1 mile sprint and 3 minute blocks per exercise where you will max out on the following exercises: push ups, mountain climbers, lunges, squats, inch worms, burpees and planks.
Awards given out to everyone that finishes the games along with those that have the highest reps per exercises.
The Rough Runners games happen twice a year, June 18, 2017 and November 19, 2017. The games are comprised of typical Rough Runners challenge workouts. Doing these games is a great way to gauge your overall fitness twice a year and to motivate you to keep working hard and pushing limits.
The Rough Runners games are part of the Rough Runners Trail Race Series worth a maximum of 21 points.
Participants will have to run a 1 mile sprint and, have 3 minutes of maxing out on reps for the exercises listed below. Plank challenge is 5 minutes.
- 1 mile sprint
- push up max out
- mountain climbers max out
- lunges max out
- squats max out
- inch worm max out
- burpees max out
- plank blaster 5 minute challenge
Who ever has the most reps of each category and also has the fastest mile wins the games. The top three males and females of the Games will each get a trophy award. Top male/female of each age group category also gets awarded with additional ribbons.
Points system breakdown
- complete the games: 5 pts
- fastest mile: 5 pts
- 5 minute plank challenge: 5 pts (whoever makes it to 5 minutes gets the 5 points)
- 2nd place mile: 2.5 pts
- 3rd place mile: 1.25 pts
- overall male/female winner of games: 6 pts
- 2nd place overall games: 3 pts
- 3rd place overall games: 1.5 pts
- 1st place age group overall games: 0.75 pts
- overall male/female games winners: trophy with a custom tag & certificate with totals
- complete the games: finisher’s medal & certificate with totals
- specific exercise/mile winners: ribbons