The Savannah Grit 175k
TOUGHEST STAGE RACE IN THE SOUTH!
Mark your calendars for the new Savannah Grit 175k three day stage race coming to Savannah, Ga May 23,24,25, 2015. This event will be a true test of endurance and toughness! You, your family and friends will get to see just what kind of grit you're really made of!
The Savannah Grit 175k stage race will consist of:
- stage 1: 100k at the Whitemarsh Island Preserve, Savannah, Ga.
- stage 2: 50k Tom Triplett Park in Pooler, Ga
- stage 3: 25k held in the Roberd's dairy farm and Thunderbolt
- stage 4: 1 mile sprint held at Wormsloe Historic site.
Registration is open to solo runners and teams!
This is how the race works…
- stage winner: male and female with the fastest (lowest) finish time.
- Overall winner of the Savannah Grit 175k: male and female with the lowest cumulative time of all four stages.
- Overall winning team of the Savannah Grit 175k: team that has the overall lowest cumulative time of each team mate's times when combined.
- Teams must consist of four runners (no exceptions). You must register as a team via ultrasignup. Your team must have a name.
- Team mates must compete in each stage.
- Note: The overall male and female winner can be in a team. At the end of the Grit, there will be one 1st place male and female regardless of whether they are in a team or are solo.
- Each stage winner (male/female): will get a yellow performance running hat.
- runner up of each stage (male/female): will get a blue performance running hat.
- Overall winning team: will get a black performance running hat.
- Age groups stage winners (=<30, 31-41, 42-52, 53+): each will get a white performance running hat.
- Male and female that wins every stage: will get a pink performance running hat.
In all, we will potentially give out:
white hats: 32
yellow hats: 8
blue hats: 8
black hats: 4
pink hats: 2
The performance running hats will have the Savannah Grit 175k name and logo embroidered on it. The coveted pink hats will be the hardest hats to win and, truthfully, no one may ever win one!
- The male and female that end up with the lowest cumulative time of all four stages wins the Savannah Grit 175k. A trophy will be given to the male and female winners of the Grit.
- All runners that complete each stage at the end of the Savannah Grit 175k Stage Race will receive a belt buckle for having run 109 miles.
- If any male or female win all four stages they each will receive a pink performance running hat.
An interesting aspect of this race is that a runner doesn't have to win (male or female) every nor any stage and yet can still win the race overall. Winning this race ultimately comes down to running a very smart race. In the end, the male and female runner that wins will be the one with the lowest cumulative time of all 4 stages.
Run 4 a Reason
Below is a breakdown of where each stage of the Grit will be held and their distance from the Roberd's Dairy Farm which is where the headquarters of the Savannah Grit will be held.
The Roberd's Dairy Farm is open to campers that are registered for the Grit.
The Savannah Grit 175k will be headquartered in the Roberd's Dairy Farm.
Roberd's Dairy Farm
2500 Tennessee Ave.
Savannah, Ga. 31404
The Roberd's Dairy Farm is 4.7 miles from downtown Savannah, Ga.
Stage 1: 100k
Whitemarsh Island Preserve
Off Johnny Mercer Ave, Whitemarsh Island, Savannah, Ga. 31410
Course: 2 mile trail loop, 2/3 mile paved trail, rest of trail is hardpacked, sandy, rooty.
The Whitemarsh Preserve is 4.5 miles from the Roberd's Dairy Farm
Stage 2: 50k
Tom Triplett Community Park
1335 US Highway 80 E.
Pooler, Ga. 31322
Course: 10k loop. Approximately 1/3 of a mile of the course is paved. The rest is single-
track, undeveloped, sandy, rooty, hardpacked, swampy/boggy, flat.
Tom Triplett park is 13.1 miles from the Roberd's Dairy Farm
Stage 3: 25k
Roberd's Dairy Farm and Thunderbolt
2500 Tennessee Ave
Course: 7.72 mile loop. 2/3's of the course is on paved road. The rest of the course is undeveloped grassy, sandy, hardpacked trail.
Stage 4: 1 mile
Wormsloe Historic Site
7601 Skidaway Rd,
Savannah, Ga. 31406
Course: gravelly, sandy trail, flat
Wormsloe Historic Site is 7.1 miles from the Roberd's Dairy Farm